Urban Greens Co-op Market is currently hiring for the following positions:
If you are interested in any posted position, please fill out and submit an application. Applications will be accepted until a position is filled.
About Urban Greens & Providence, RI
Urban Greens Co-op Market will be located at 93 Cranston St, with the ultimate goal of increasing access to healthy and affordable food for the Providence community, and strengthening the local food system in Rhode Island. We are excited to serve an incredibly diverse and food conscious city and state. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Store Basics:*Located at 93 Cranston St, Providence, RI, 02907
*8000 sq ft footprint: 5200 sq ft retail
*3.1 million projected year 1 sales
*Anchor tenant in mixed-use development
*Rhode Island Tax credit support
*Opening late 2018
Providence is a small, vibrant, quirky city in the littlest state in the union. Though its scale and size make it easy to navigate and live in (often giving it a ‘small town” feel) Providence has a rich and diverse culture, with many of the attributes often found in much larger cities.
Providence is home to some great institutions and traditions in a number of areas:
* Artistic (Trinity Rep Theater, Waterfire, the RISD Museum, PVDFest, As22o)
* Academic (the Rhode Island School of Design, Brown University, Providence College)
* Cultural (Providence is home to many residents of Central/South American, West African, Southeast Asian, Caribbean, Portuguese, Italian, & Cape Verdean descent, with ethnic heritage festivals, feasts & celebrations all summer long and throughout the city)
* Culinary (Johnson & Wales Culinary School, incredible restaurants, food trucks & farmers markets)
* Urban Agriculture & Local Food (Southside Community Land Trust, Farm Fresh RI)
According to Architectural Digest, Providence is a city with "rich architectural interest, top-notch restaurants, charming waterfront parks and a creative community whose influence extends far beyond the region. Today the metropolis, its downtown revitalized, is a destination well worth exploring in depth."
*Ranked #3 America’s favorite cities by Travel and Leisure in 2016.
You can drive 20 minutes out of Providence and reach farms & orchards, rivers & ponds for paddling, & wooded state parks for hiking. There are bike paths that link Providence to many other areas of the state, and a 30-40 minute drive gets you to some of the best beaches and most beautiful coastline on the New England Coast. For longer jaunts to bigger cities, Boston is an hour and New York City is 3 hours away.
As an equal opportunity employer, Urban Greens Co-op Market strongly encourages individuals from traditionally underrepresented demographics to apply.
If you are interested in any posted position, please submit an application. Applications will be accepted until a position is filled.